UNITY WORLDWIDE MINISTRIES: SOUTHEAST REGION
Policy & Procedures
Subject: SDS Scholarships
Policy: It is the policy of the Southeast Region to assist individuals within its territory to complete their studies so as to become Licensed Unity Teachers.
Provided the region has funds to do so, they may award a full or partial scholarships, not to exceed $500 to those who have been invited to attend the Skills Demonstration Seminar (SDS).
Criteria: 1. The student must not have received a scholarship from the Southeast Region prior to this application
2. The student’s home church must be a financially supporting member of the Southeast Region, and located within the region’s territory; namely, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North and South Carolina, the eastern portion of Louisiana, Tennesse, the Bahamas and Bermuda.
Procedures: 1. At the beginning of the fiscal year (January 1st), the Treasurer and President of the Executive Committee shall determine the amount of funds available for the SDS Scholarship. After making said determination, the President shall convey the information to the Regional Office, which shall in turn inform the Regional Licensed Teacher Representative and the Executive Committee Secretary, as to the amount of money available for scholarship awards.
2. Availability of the SDS Scholarship will be announced in the February and March Regional Newsletters.
3. Applications for these scholarships are available on the Region’s website: www.seunityministries.org.
4. Applications are due no later than April 30th and are to be e-mailed to the Regional Office at email@example.com.
5. The Regional Office will forward the applications and supporting documents to the Regional Licensed Teacher Representative and the Secretary of the Executive Committee, who are charged with awarding the scholarships by June 1st.
6. After consultation with the Secretary of the Executive Committee, the Regional Licensed Teacher Representative will inform the Regional Office of the student/s who have been selected to receive scholarships, as well as the amount of the awards.
7. The Licensed Teacher Representative will notify all applicants of the results of their application, sending congratulations to recipient and encouragements to those not chosen.
8. The Regional Office will issue the check(s), secure a second signature on the check(s) and send to the Accounting Department of UWWM, along with a letter explaining who and what the money is for.
9. The President of the Executive Committee will send a congratulatory letter to those who receive the scholarship, and a copy of the letter to the applicants home church.
10. The Regional Office will record the checks in the accounting program, and the scholarship data base.
11. The names of the students receiving the scholarship(s) will be announced in the next regional newsletter.
Amended: October 2013 ______________________________
Executive Committee Secretary
SOUTHEAST UNITY MINISTRIES, INC.
APPLICATION FOR SDS SCHOLARSHIP
Resources Permitting, an SDS Scholarship may be awarded by the SE Region
To All Ministers with LUT Track Students in your church or study group who are working toward certification as a Licensed Unity Teacher and who has been invited to attend an SDS Session, please duplicate this form and distribute to any candidate in your church or study group.
Applications must be E-mailed to the regional office:
The deadline for receipt of applications is April 30th
The criteria for determining the recipient is as follows:
1. The student may not have received a scholarship from the SE Region prior to this application.
2. The student‘s home church must be a financially supporting member of the Southeast region, and located within the Region’s territory; namely, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North and South Carolina, the Eastern portion of Louisiana, Tennessee, the Bahamas and Bermuda.
3. The student must plan to attend an SDS session at Unity Village in the year of the application
4. Only one of these scholarships will be awarded per applicant.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Which Licensed Teacher Track are you completing?
2. What have you done to complete the requirements, other than class work, towards
becoming a Licensed Teacher?___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. If there is anything else that you would like to tell us, please do so___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Candidates Name: ______________________________________________________